Sunday, August 5, 2012

Semiconductors and stilettos, effing autocorrect, the branding of a celeb chef & writing with a partner


Sunday in early August. Hot & humid but here are a few links to help break the torpor.

When I was writing ZURI, I researched behind-the-scenes life (and death) at zoos & wildlife parks. One of the incidents that triggered a crucial sub-plot was the killing of a Sea World trainer by an orca with the professional name, Shamu. A new book is all about that chilling incident.  Death At Sea World

About time: chic techies break fashion taboos. Semiconductors & Stilettos

“Comcast McCarthy??? Phoner novelist???” Did I really type “Comcast”? Effing autocorrect.

Up from the kitchen to a $400 million business. The branding of a celeb chef.

Emmy winning writer/director/producer/major league baseball announcer. No. Not me, but one of my favorite bloggers, Ken Levine. Words to live by:  Writing with a partner.






2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! Love that article on chic in Silicon Valley. We aren't all into hoodies and flip-flops here in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I never thought you were. Here in NYC, tho, you can't get us out of black. Color my closet: Stygian.

    ReplyDelete