Saturday, September 15, 2012

A halt to self-improvement. Woody Allen talks about writing, movies and The Scandal. Children's book covers. Born to be wild.

Baby Boomers--the reality & the nostalgia:

I’m turning 58 next month, and the birthday present I’m giving myself is to call a halt to all of my efforts at self-improvement. I’m done trying to better myself. This is as good as I’m going to get. From now on, the goal is to try to hang on to what I’ve got. A baby boomer faces the middle ages.

A Wrinkle in Time. Sweet Valley HighJames And The Giant Peach. How children's book covers have changed over the years.

Born to be wild. Baby Boomers rock on. Easy chair or Easy Rider?

Woody Allen on movies, writing, death and The Scandal.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the piece on giving up on "self-improvement." I gave up dieting a few years ago, and I finally stopped gaining weight. It's true: 95% of diets make you fatter. Accepting ourselves as we are is one of the ways to prove we're finally grown up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne—Me, too. LOVED it. I've been in an exercise class for about 30 years so we're all in our 50's-70's & I can tell you that the women who had the most "work" done look the oldest. Seriously.

      Delete