2012's worst words.
2012's best dressed.
SHOW ME YOUR NOOK! December 17 thru December 30
1. Do you have a Nook? Take a picture of yourself holding it and upload the photo to @RuthHarrisBooks at Twitter. If you don't have a Twitter account, just attach the photo of you and your Nook to an email and send to me at email@example.com.
2. Contact me with your email address & if my million copy NYT bestseller, MODERN WOMEN, appeals to you, I will gift you a copy. If you'd prefer another book, take a look at this knock-your-socks-off list of participating authors, let me know which book you'd like & I'll forward your request.
- • Cat Kimbriel: Fires of Nuala (Science Fiction) FaceBook & LiveJournal
- • Jeffrey A. Carver: Eternity’s End (Science Fiction) FaceBook
- • Phyllis Irene Radford: Guardian of the Balance, Merlin’s Descendants #1 (Fantasy) FaceBook & LiveJournal
- • Mark Chisnell: The Defector (Thriller) FaceBook
- • Brenda Hiatt: Lord Dearborn’s Destiny (traditional Regency romance) FaceBook
- • Phoebe Matthews: Demonspell (contemporary fantasy) Web Site
- • Lorraine Bartlett: Murder On The Mind (Mystery) Blog
- • Ruth Harris: Modern Women (Fiction/Chick Lit) Blog
- • Jennifer Stevenson: King of Hearts (romantic comedy) Web Site & FaceBook
- • Vonda N. McIntyre: Starfarers, Book One of the Starfarers Quartet (Science Fiction) Book View Cafe
- • Lise McClendon: All Your Pretty Dreams (Adult Fiction) FaceBook
THE WOMEN WE WERE MADE US THE WOMEN WE ARE!
Million Copy New York Times bestseller MODERN WOMEN (Park Avenue Series Book #4) by “brilliant” novelist Ruth Harris was originally published by St. Martin's Press in hard cover to rave reviews. In its paperback edition, MODERN WOMEN repeated that success, becoming a national bestseller, and then equaled that achievement for the third time when the Kindle edition rose to #1 on Amazon’s prestigious Movers and Shakers List.
Opening with the assassination of John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas on 11/22/63, MODERN WOMEN is about the lives and times of three young women—and the men in their lives. The right men. The wrong men. The maybe men.
Lincky Desmond: She marries Mr. Right—only to risk it all for Mr. Wrong.
Elly McGrath: She is loyal and idealistic but when faced with the ultimate betrayal, will she be able to stand up for herself?
Jane Gresh: Bawdy, talented and determined not to be ignored, she manages to shock the entire country.
Owen Casals: Handsome, successful, magnetic. He marries one, betrays another and makes one of them very, very rich.
“Author Ruth Harris's rapier wit spices up a coming-of-age story. A superb 'rags to riches' novel. You'll love MODERN WOMEN.”--West Coast Review of Books
“Ruth Harris's breezy prose style, peppery dialogue and irreverent observations make MODERN WOMEN fun to read.”--Dallas News
"Funny, sad, vivid, and raunchy. Harris seeks to enliven and entertain, and she does it in spades.” --The Cleveland Plain-Dealer
"Upbeat, sassy. Filled with romantic sparks and fast action ."--Booklist
"Sharply and stylishly written. Harris treads a fine line between popular fiction and more substantive women's literature."--Chicago Sun-Times
"Glory be! Excellent, a thoroughly delightful tale of what it was like to be young, ambitious and in love."--Los Angeles Times
"Fiction at its best. Savvily mixes rosy fantasy with truth about women's lives. Open this novel and prepare to be happy."--New Woman magazine
"A sure thing. I greatly enjoyed MODERN WOMEN and, actually, I couldn't put it down." --The Washington Times
Ruth Harris is “Brilliant.....trenchant, chic and ultra-sophisticated, a writer who has all the intellect of Mary McCarthy, all the insight of Joan Didion.” --Fort Worth Star-Telegram
The five books in the Park Avenue Series are available as single ebooks and in a Boxed Sets: Books 1-3. All available in Nook editions.
Decades, Book #1—A marriage at risk and a family in crisis, originally published by Simon & Schuster to rave reviews —“Absolutely perfect.” —Publisher’s Weekly
Husbands And Lovers, Book #2—Million copy New York Times bestseller. A wallflower becomes a swan and two handsome, successful men vie for her love. “Steamy and fast-paced.” --Cosmopolitan
Love And Money, Book #3—Rich girl, poor girl. Sisters and strangers until fate—and murder—bring them face to face. “Richly plotted. First-class entertainment.” —NYTimes Book Review
The Last Romantics, Book #5—An epic love story set in Paris and New York during the glamorous but doomed 1920’s. “Full of larger-than-life characters.” 5-stars