Graphic designers choose the year's best book covers.
The retro, minimal, satirical, and striking artwork representing this year’s slate of incredible (and yes, terrible) movies. Best movie posters.
Nifty Nook promo:
SHOW ME YOUR NOOK! December 17 thru December 30
1. Do you have a Nook? Take a picture of yourself holding it and upload the photo to @RuthHarrisBooks at Twitter. If you don't have a Twitter account, just attach the photo of you and your Nook to an email and send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Contact me with your email address & if my million copy NYT bestseller, MODERN WOMEN, appeals to you, I will gift you a copy. If you'd prefer another book, take a look at this knock-your-socks-off list of participating authors, let me know which book you'd like & I'll forward your request.
- • Cat Kimbriel: Fires of Nuala (Science Fiction) FaceBook & LiveJournal
- • Jeffrey A. Carver: Eternity’s End (Science Fiction) FaceBook
- • Phyllis Irene Radford: Guardian of the Balance, Merlin’s Descendants #1 (Fantasy) FaceBook & LiveJournal
- • Mark Chisnell: The Defector (Thriller) FaceBook
- • Brenda Hiatt: Lord Dearborn’s Destiny (traditional Regency romance) FaceBook
- • Phoebe Matthews: Demonspell (contemporary fantasy) Web Site
- • Lorraine Bartlett: Murder On The Mind (Mystery) Blog
- • Ruth Harris: Modern Women (Fiction/Chick Lit) Blog
- • Jennifer Stevenson: King of Hearts (romantic comedy) Web Site & FaceBook
- • Vonda N. McIntyre: Starfarers, Book One of the Starfarers Quartet (Science Fiction) Book View Cafe
- • Lise McClendon: All Your Pretty Dreams (Adult Fiction) FaceBook
THE WOMEN WE WERE MADE US THE WOMEN WE ARE!
Million Copy New York Times bestseller MODERN WOMEN (Park Avenue Series Book #4) by “brilliant” novelist Ruth Harris was originally published by St. Martin's Press in hard cover to rave reviews. In its paperback edition, MODERN WOMEN repeated that success, becoming a national bestseller, and then equaled that achievement for the third time when the Kindle edition rose to #1 on Amazon’s prestigious Movers and Shakers List.
Opening with the assassination of John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas on 11/22/63, MODERN WOMEN is about the lives and times of three young women—and the men in their lives. The right men. The wrong men. The maybe men.
Lincky Desmond: She marries Mr. Right—only to risk it all for Mr. Wrong.
Elly McGrath: She is loyal and idealistic but when faced with the ultimate betrayal, will she be able to stand up for herself?
Jane Gresh: Bawdy, talented and determined not to be ignored, she manages to shock the entire country.
Owen Casals: Handsome, successful, magnetic. He marries one, betrays another and makes one of them very, very rich.
“Author Ruth Harris's rapier wit spices up a coming-of-age story. A superb 'rags to riches' novel. You'll love MODERN WOMEN.”--West Coast Review of Books
“Ruth Harris's breezy prose style, peppery dialogue and irreverent observations make MODERN WOMEN fun to read.”--Dallas News
"Funny, sad, vivid, and raunchy. Harris seeks to enliven and entertain, and she does it in spades.” --The Cleveland Plain-Dealer
"Upbeat, sassy. Filled with romantic sparks and fast action ."--Booklist
"Sharply and stylishly written. Harris treads a fine line between popular fiction and more substantive women's literature."--Chicago Sun-Times
"Glory be! Excellent, a thoroughly delightful tale of what it was like to be young, ambitious and in love."--Los Angeles Times
"Fiction at its best. Savvily mixes rosy fantasy with truth about women's lives. Open this novel and prepare to be happy."--New Woman magazine
"A sure thing. I greatly enjoyed MODERN WOMEN and, actually, I couldn't put it down." --The Washington Times
Ruth Harris is “Brilliant.....trenchant, chic and ultra-sophisticated, a writer who has all the intellect of Mary McCarthy, all the insight of Joan Didion.” --Fort Worth Star-Telegram
The five books in the Park Avenue Series are available as single ebooks and in a Boxed Sets: Books 1-3. All available in Nook editions.
Decades, Book #1—A marriage at risk and a family in crisis, originally published by Simon & Schuster to rave reviews —“Absolutely perfect.” —Publisher’s Weekly
Husbands And Lovers, Book #2—Million copy New York Times bestseller. A wallflower becomes a swan and two handsome, successful men vie for her love. “Steamy and fast-paced.” --Cosmopolitan
Love And Money, Book #3—Rich girl, poor girl. Sisters and strangers until fate—and murder—bring them face to face. “Richly plotted. First-class entertainment.” —NYTimes Book Review
The Last Romantics, Book #5—An epic love story set in Paris and New York during the glamorous but doomed 1920’s. “Full of larger-than-life characters.” 5-stars